MMS T-Book Post Survey
You've learned a lot as part of your investigations into magnetism and your work on the MMS Mission. We'd like to know what you learned and what you thought of this experience. Please take a few minutes to answer the questions below.
What grade are you in?
What class did you use the T-book in?
What is your state?
What is your zip code?
Section 1: What you learned
1. Which of these resources would give the most current, complete and accurate information on planets?
a) Planet website by Round Rock Middle School
b) The NASA website
c) A set of general encyclopedias
d) A science book about the planets
2. Solar storms release energy that is deflected around the earth by the
3. Magnets are attracted to:
a) Any metal
b) Any object
c) Metals with iron
4. Designing under a set of constraints is called:
a) The scientific method
b) Applied mathematics
5. Which of the following can act over a distance?
a) Electric fields
b) Magnetic fields
6. The Earth’s magnetosphere:
a) Provides a protective layer that can absorb harmful ('light') rays such as UV rays, x-rays, and gamma rays
b) Provides us with protection from the particles that make up the solar wind.
c) Is visible to the human eye from space
d) Is not affected by the solar wind.
7. The best explanation of “magnetic reconnection” is:
a) Where two magnetic fields interact
b) The main way the Sun gets energy to the Earth
c) How the Earth’s magnetosphere is formed
d) It is a by-product of gravity
8. We need to know about magnetic reconnection because:
a) It will entertain space travelers
b) It can be harnessed to meet our energy needs
c) It is unique to Earth’s relationship to the Sun
d) We need to be able to predict space weather events to protect technological systems
Section 2: How this experience affected you
1. Rate how much you agree with each statement, 1=totally disagree, 5=totally agree
I prefer learning with NASA resources.
My personal learning objectives were met.
I enjoy learning with NASA resources. I enjoy learning when I use NASA materials.
I want to take more courses in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics after learning with NASA.
This experience inspired me to learn more about science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
Participation in the program was a good investment of my time.
I have a better understanding of NASA’s mission.
2. Rate each statement on a scale of 1=5 before and after learning about MMS. This will help us understand how this book affects students. Remember, 1=totally disagree, 5=totally agree
I am interested in careers in Engineering.
I am good at Science.
I know a lot about NASA.
I am good at Engineering.
I am interested in Mathematics.
I am good at technology.
I am interested in careers in Mathematics.
My family is interested in my STEM coursework.
I am interested in NASA.
I am interested in Science.
I am good at Mathematics.
I am interested in careers in Technology.
I am interested in Technology.
I am interested in careers in Science.
I am interested in Engineering.
I am interested in careers at NASA.
Press "submit" below to save your responses. Thank you very much!
Survey Software Powered by
Host : qprun1b